Nagpur residents to bankroll projects
Many members of Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) have opposed proposals to recover development charges from residents to acquire 40 per cent of the land required for the proposed Smart City project. Mayor Pravin Datke explained that beneficiaries will have to…

Many members of Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) have opposed proposals to recover development charges from residents to acquire 40 per cent of the land required for the proposed Smart City project.

Mayor Pravin Datke explained that beneficiaries will have to pay for Smart City and NMC has decided to recover over two-thirds of the project’s cost from citizens.

The NMC will levy development charges of Rs 120 per sqft and more up to 80 per sqmt, along with 40 per cent of total land, from around 800,000   citizens to be covered under the project.

Thus, the NMC will manage to collect funds of 25.75 billion of the 35.75 billion from the beneficiaries. The remaining cost of Rs 10 billion will be contributed by the Centre (Rs 5 billion) and 2.50 billion each from Maharashtra government and Nagpur Improvement Trust (NIT).

Municipal Commissioner Shravan Hardikar said the project will be executed in two components: Pan city and area-based development. The clean city concept will be taken up under the pan city. An area of 12 sqkm comprising around 2,700 acres of land will be developed into Smart City under area-based development.

Three clusters have been identified: Pardi, Bharatwada and Punapur in East Nagpur on Bhandara road in first phase, Nara and Nari in phase-II, and Manewada in South Nagpur in phase-III. The plan is to develop these areas comprising unauthorised layouts and situated beyond the Ring Road over a period of 10 years.

Hardikar said area-based development project is similar to town planning scheme. “NMC will prepare development plan of selected areas. Development in 60 per cent of the total land area will be done and remaining 40 per cent is to be kept by the NMC.

Related Articles

Related

Finding the right Due Diligence Tools

Choosing the best research tools for your enterprise can help reduce the time and effort you spend on exploration. These tools help you to get a better thought of a industry’s connections, financial performance, and legal record. They also allow you to identify a...

read more

TotalAV Antivirus Review

Designed with convenience in mind, TotalAV is a great antivirus collection that offers thorough Learn More Here protection against viruses, malware, malware, plus more. It features an straightforward user interface and a wide range of features to help shield your...

read more

The right way to Conduct a Board Gatherings Overview

During a table meetings overview, directors of a company discuss their latest efficiency, new business options and possible plans for you can actually future. The board also evaluates current and past strategies. The results is a strategy for you can actually growth....

read more

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Share This