Madhya Pradesh to legalise unauthorized colonies
In a mega pre-poll sop, the Madhya Pradesh government has announced it would allow legalisation and ownership of property of all unauthorized colonies settled before Dec 31, 2016. In one sweep, the move has covered a large vote bank —…

In a mega pre-poll sop, the Madhya Pradesh government has announced it would allow legalisation and ownership of property of all unauthorized colonies settled before Dec 31, 2016.

In one sweep, the move has covered a large vote bank — from the residents of illegal settlements to slum dwellers who are compelled to live in undeveloped areas that lack inadequate housing facilities, Times of India News reported.

It has also come as a windfall for the realty market that was on the mat after the triple whammy of demonetisation-GST-RERA.

In Indore and Bhopal, the going rate in illegal colonies varies from Rs 300 per sq feet to Rs 1,000 sq feet. This could shoot up by up to 300%, say sources.

There are 4,759 unauthorized colonies under 378 civic bodies across the state, with Indore division (1,200) accounting for the biggest chunk. There are 770 illegal colonies in Bhopal division, 1,011 in Gwalior, 511 in Ujjain, 644 in Jabalpur, 341 in Sagar and 282 in Rewa that are likely to be legalized this year.

Says Urban Development Minister Maya Singh: “We have made necessary amendments to simplify the rules for regularising illegal colonies and invited proposals after surveys in municipal areas.”

She said instructions have been issued to all civic bodies to begin the process of regularisation within 15 days. Camps will be organized in each unauthorized colony where people will be apprised of the municipal rules and the process of regularisation.

She said illegal dwellings must have at least 10% habitation with 70% residents of low income group. The government plans to recover 20% of the development cost from the dwellers while municipal bodies and the state government will bear the remaining 80%. In well-off colonies, development charges will be split equally — residents to pay 50%.

Sources noted that the government will have to amend rules to regularise construction and unauthorized settlements, provide roads and sanitation, remove commercial or industrial activities, legalise diversion of agricultural land and ensure habitation for homeless and BPL families.

(ends)

Related Articles

Related

Finding the right Due Diligence Tools

Choosing the best research tools for your enterprise can help reduce the time and effort you spend on exploration. These tools help you to get a better thought of a industry’s connections, financial performance, and legal record. They also allow you to identify a...

read more

TotalAV Antivirus Review

Designed with convenience in mind, TotalAV is a great antivirus collection that offers thorough Learn More Here protection against viruses, malware, malware, plus more. It features an straightforward user interface and a wide range of features to help shield your...

read more

The right way to Conduct a Board Gatherings Overview

During a table meetings overview, directors of a company discuss their latest efficiency, new business options and possible plans for you can actually future. The board also evaluates current and past strategies. The results is a strategy for you can actually growth....

read more

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Share This